This is a tiny boutis needlecase which I made in response to the January PP Forum Challenge, all done by hand. I’d used fabric I had so the weave was actually too firm and that caused a few problems when it came to stuffing. It’s a tiny piece, only about 4×6″ but it took HOURS of work…very pleased with it though!
Cali needed new bedroom curtains. Being Cali, nothing shop bought would suffice so she downloaded pictures of her favourite tv shows. We printed them onto tshirt transfer paper and applied the images to plain navy curtains. The fabric for this and the dinosaur bag came from a navy kingsize sheet I’d bought reduced at asda,plus the heading tape was recycled from a set of curtains I used last year to make a Tudor costume, so my pocket is just as happy as Cali is with the final result:BTW, Cali is slowly redecorating her bedroom after inheriting it from her elder brother. She’s adding handpainted quotations everywhere and even put up the curtain rail herself. Quite a handywoman – next year, she has the chance to do DIY at school. We looked at what they’d be doing and realised she can already do it all, and more… 🙂
The PP Forum had a challenge to make something from recycled jeans. This wall tidy was made from a few pairs of the girls’ jeans, a piece of leftover red fleece blanket provided the backing and the binding was left from another project. It’s now on the side of Cali’s wardrobe.
This was my March postcard, which went to Karen. The theme was bud vases and perfume bottles. I took a photo of one of my favourites, which is an Aynsley “Little Sweetheart”, and put it onto tshirt transfer paper before adding some scrapbooking flowers with brads.