It’s amazing just how much I can achieve when I’m actually meant to be doing something else, namely the binding for English Rose in this case! Just look at everything I managed to take care of over the last day or so –
This is the modified bento box I made from the 4 blocks I did yesterday then cut up today. The rest of the pieces will be in the post to our swap organiser. I found it very hard to randomly choose fabrics so I gave up….the selection includes bright children’s fabric, sweet floral, sewing themed fabric and ditsy flowers.
I brought 21 of these blocks home from my quilt group yesterday and have spent hours appliqueing the rings in place.( One of them was mine but I don’t remember which!) I’ll take them back this week and once they’re layered up we’ll all be hand quilting hearts in the centre. 3 blocks are missing, hope they turn up or the quilt will be an odd size! Our group “baby” is getting married next year so this is our present to the couple, if it ever gets finished….
This is “antique tile”. It was my turn to provide the BOM for August. I already used this block for the other group and the block has been quilted so I needed to provide another sample. It’s very different in these soft florals than the blacks of the other one!
Jytte sent me the block a while ago. I found some matching batik at a recent show and was inspired by my bedtime reading last night (Carolyn Forster’s Quilt on the Go) to make a new bag for my take-along stitching. I got rather carried away:
Yes, it’s quilted and the handles could probably have done with being a bit sturdier but it’s finished and already filled with the Undergound Railroad block (Flying Geese) that’s still to be quilted!
Oh and I quilted the block of the meeting for the B+W quilt, joined it to the last block and cut some spare wadding and backing ready for the next blocks,too….
Now heading to bed and dreams of tomorrow’s quilt show at Aylesford Priory! Have a good weekend everyone! 🙂