This is the bag I’ve made from Kelly Rachel’s Sewalong. Sorry for the blurry pic but the light doesn’t seem to be too good tonight. The tip for turning the handles with ribbon was very helpful but I found the quilting rather hard work as there’s no wadding involved – instead the 3 layers are the top fabric, fused interfacing then heavy pelmet interfacing. It’s made a lovely sturdy bag, though and something I will try again.
This is the block I sent Jan for our Sew-a-Row Swap : My theme is traditional blocks and Jan asked for bright colours with blue backgrounds. I received a row from Ang with birds and birdhouses but I’m not sure where the pic for that is so you’ll have to wait! I’ve already made and posted the second round of this swap as I was on a roll this weekend. I’ll put up a pic once Jytte has received it but I think she is away from home at the moment.
DH has quite a collection of colourful waistcoats that I’ve made over the years. As I was pushed for time and it was his birthday last weekend, I used a sketch he’d done of K-9 and appliqued it onto the back of a purchased waistcoat.